• Slots are available on Thursday nights at 6pm.
• Film must be shorter 30 minutes (longer time negotiable) and must be original content.
* There is no minimum spend on the bar. We offer our cinema for free in exchange for you bringing guests to our bar. We happily encourage setting up a bar tab for your guests. Drinks & food may be brought into the cinema!
• Our bar opens at 4pm on Thursdays, guests can arrive early and stay till late to enjoy our weekly live music at 930pm.
• Max 50 guests per screening. Tickets will not be issued by Golden Age Cinema. You are welcome to organize and manage your own Guest List Check-in, but will not have access to our box office.
• You must invite and coordinate all guests. Golden Age will not promote or offer access to our promotion channels.
• Films must be provided in DCP format ONE WEEK before your screening or your screening will be cancelled. If you cannot provide a DCP format, we offer conversion for an extra cost (see below).
• Second screenings available at 9pm pending length of film, number of guests and other factors like run time of our public session that night.
• Filmmakers are welcomed to do an introduction before the film!
Films are projected in DCP format via our 2K projector. We prefer you supply us with a DCP for ingesting one week prior to the screening. We will return the DCP on the night of your screening.
If you cannot convert your film to DCP, we offer the conversion for an extra cost. The file of your film must be provided to us, one week in advance, on a PC COMPATIBLE hard-drive with the following file specs:
FILE TYPE: AVI, MOV, MKV, MP4
SOUND: Mono, Stereo = Front Speakers Only; 5.1 = Surround Sound.
FRAME RATE: 24, 25, 30, 50, 60
You may drop the hard-drive off in person, or email via online file sharing to firstname.lastname@example.org
RESOLUTION: 2K, 1080p, 720p
SOUND: DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1
OUTPUT: CINEMA FLAT 1.85:1
• If you cannot provide us with a DCP file, we can convert your file to DCP for a fee of $75. See above for instructions.
• If you would like to do a sound and projection test of your film before the screening, there is a fee of $50 and you may only come in on Thursdays between 2pm – 5pm for the test.
Please note either of the above on your request form
As supporters of the Australian film industry, Golden Age offers our space for free or discounted screenings for local filmmakers of their short films for cast/crew or friends. If you can fill up our bar, we will give you the screening room!
Slots are limited to Thursday nights (6pm) and book up fast. You must be a Golden Age Film Club member to submit a request.
To submit a request for a screening slot, fill out our enquiry form and select “Golden Filmmaker Short Film Screening” as Type of Hire. Our Events Manager will review for approval and follow up with more details.